Mark Your Calendar!
We will be hosting a virtual WLH meeting on Thursday, January 7, 2021 from 6:30-7:00pm. The meeting will be brief and will be focused solely on our 2021 elections. We have 2 Board positions to fill: Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary (descriptions included below). We will be hosting the meeting to provide an opportunity for the women on the Ballot to introduce themselves to our WLH Members and then we will host a virtual vote. If you are unable to make the meeting, you will be able to submit your vote by January 9, 2020 at midnight.
If you are interested in running for the Treasurer or Corresponding Secretary positions - please respond to this email or get in touch with one of the Board Members (contact information provided below) by December 20, 2020 in order to be included on the Ballot. We also welcome your nominations for other WLH members who you believe would be a great fit for either of these Board positions and have taken time to talk with her about serving on the Board. We will follow-up with her and see if she's interested in being included on the Ballot.
Voting & Membership
Are you a current WLH Member? You must be current with your membership in order to vote in our 2021 Election. Registering as a member is easy! Just click here to JOIN or RENEW. If you aren't sure of your member status - email us and we'll let you know!
Duties for Treasurer:
- Maintain accurate and complete records of the financial books, which involves basic checkbook balancing and bill paying
- Checkbook is on Quickbooks Online
- Prepares a monthly treasurer’s report for Board Meeting
- Records all membership dues received to master member list
- One of the check signatories, who has access to any bank accounts or investments held by WLH
- Responsible for preparation of the yearly financial report to the IRS
- Makes sure that all local fees and taxes are paid
- Assists in developing the yearly operating budget
- Oversees the finances of fundraising efforts/ projects/events
- Prepares financial reports on fundraising efforts/projects/events
- Has accurate and complete financial records available for yearly audit
Duties for Corresponding Secretary:
- Provides WLH announcements to membership as approved by the Board of Directors using Board-approved marketing platforms, including but not limited to the organization's email, website, MailChimp, Evite, and social media platforms.
- Keeps the organization's website content current and serves as liaison to the organization's website developers. Participates in website training with the developers and provides training to other members.
- Maintains the organization's member list
WLH Board Contact Information:
- Cindy Namahoe - Current President: cindynamahoe@yahoo.
- Angie Atkins - Current Vice President: angieatkins9@gmail.
- Claire Min - Current Treasurer: email@example.com
- Jill Kagawa - Current Recording Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Netty DesRochers (newly Mrs. Ronquillo!) - Current Corresponding Secretary: email@example.com