KOKUA DAY July 2018
Wahine Leaders of Hawaii is excited to be celebrating our 5th year of supporting the keiki at Linapuni Elementary School located in the heart of Kuhio Park Terrace. This needs-based school has many children showing up at the beginning of the year with few or no school supplies. We are so grateful for your support in helping supply their needs.
This year our collections will look a little different than they have in the past. At our recent Staff and Teacher’s Appreciation Luncheon, the teachers shared that the kindergarten and first graders have started to bring their own supplies and they want to encourage this as a family responsibility. Therefore, we will only be supplying the 40 preschool students with all of their supplies.
Additionally, we will be providing the entire school with their most needed items, consisting of paper towels, Expo markers and hand soap. Money collected will go towards teacher gift cards to Fisher and other supply stores for additional necessities.
Your support in creating a Win-Win through generous donations is greatly appreciated!!
2018 WISH LIST:
- 80 Primary Journal composition books – DONE
- 40 Crayola Washable marker sets (8 count) – have 8, need 32
- 40 Watercolor Paint Sets, need 40
- 80 Elmer's Brand Glue All, white 4 oz – DONE
- 500 Expo Brand – Dry Erase/White Board Markers - prefer black or blue – have 24, need 476
- 80 glue sticks – prefer purple type, need 80
- 4 large boxes (Costco) sheet protectors – have 2, need 2
- 150 liquid hand soap (pump style) 12-16 oz (i.e. Soft Soap, Dial) – have 76, need 74
- 12 Large bottles of soap refills – have 4, need 8
- 120 Disinfectant Wipes – ie. Clorox, need 120
- 600 paper towel rolls – have 120, need 480
Cash donations to purchase Fisher gift cards and additional supplies are also welcome (see below for donation options).
Donations may be made by:
- Arranging a drop off or pick-up by July 31st
- Drop off at Contractors License Center, 2810 Paa St #3, Mapunapuna area
- PayPal’s “Friends and Family" (no fees to you or WLH if you use your bank account) paid to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go directly to PayPal website, click "send or request money", "send money", enter WLH's email and the amount you wish to donate, choose "sending money to a friend". Note that the payment is for Kokua Day.